Ok so you’ve just had your Oven Professionally Cleaned or you have purchased a new one or maybe you have moved in to a property and the oven was left gleaming for you, And you are looking for tips on how to keep it that way.
Here are 7 Tips for a Cleaner Oven
- Always Read through the Instruction Manual ( mostly available online these days), we know its boring stuff but if you have just moved into a property the manual will give you an idea of what you can and cant do, may be your oven has self clean function or special coatings and must not be cleaned with conventional Products.
- Use an Oven Liner as long as your oven does not have an heating element under the base of your oven (not visible) refer to manual, Oven Liners are an excellent way to catch spills and make for easier cleaning as they can be removed, cleaned by hand or dishwasher and will last a long time, mine is at least 5 years Old
- Clean as you Go once the oven has Cooled down sufficiently remove trays/racks and side Runners if you have them, wipe out any spills, splashes with damp soapy micro fibre cloth be very careful not to wipe damp cloth over the Air vents on the top of door other wise you will get drips on the inside of the glass door.
- Cover your Food put lids on Casseroles if you dont like roasting bags, I tend to put my Pizza trays above the roast on the top shelf you can still place roast potatoes on the tray, and the holes in the pizza tray allow steam to escape making it cripsy , heat from the tray radiates down as well not perfect but helps to keep the top of the oven clean.
- Use Roasting Bags, great way to seal in flavour and stop fat splashes reaching the sides and top of oven
- Run the grill for the last 3-5 minutes during roasting, towards the end of roast put the grill on if you have one fitted in the oven this will help brown and crisp but more importantly burn off any fat and carbonise any splashes above it.
- Keep the glass door clean by regularly wiping over when cooled with soapy micro, Bar Keepers Friend or Atonish will help remove stubborn stains, avoid wiping the vents with anything damp otherwise you will end up with streaks/runs on inside of glass door
Hopefully you found some useful tips and tricks here that will keep your Oven looking great for a long time, we recommend a deep clean depending on useage and cooking style (open roasting) at least every 12-18 months Thanks for Looking.
We at OvenMagic have been Oven Cleaning across Birmingham and Worcestershire for the last 8 years and specialise in cleaning all types of Ovens, Hobs and Extractors, Microwaves all makes and Models including Aga, Rayburn, Rangemaster , Lacanche, Falcon, Wolf, Neff, Bosch, Siemens, Hotpoint, Stoves, to name a but a few.
We can offer a competitive firm Quote always fixed price cleaning, no hidden extras, we don’t charge for extra racks or original grill pans no VAT.
Contact us for a quote now.